Monday, September 26, 2005

Google destroys everything it can't index

That was an Onion article a while back - not true, don't worry. But it bothers me that google now searches through blogs. Not me, but many maintain blogs to establish an unknown identity online - they'll just have to out-think the google PhD's now to stay anonymous.

I don't trust gmail - it scares me that my emails are being "read through" to drop ads on the side, meeting my "preferences". I read somewhere (as always, forgot *where* I read it, no it wasn't onion :)) that google is the new Microsoft - the company everyone loves to hate in silicon valley - google didn't endear themselves to me by making my blog accessible to anyone who searches for "bernoulli ashes" (don't ask me why anyone would do that :))

No comments: