Monday, January 16, 2006

You stay classy!

Thats my message to you all for the new yr! Had a great vacation to British Columbia, Canada (Vancouver, Whistler, Victoria) and Vegas towards the end of last year. Will be more regular with my blog in the new yr! :)

"You stay classy, San Diego" is Ron Burgundy's line from the movie, Anchorman. Everyone has their favorites, but who would your funniest man alive, be? There are all the late night show hosts, Dave Chappell, Seinfeld, Larry David, Billy Crystal, Bill Murray, etc.; for me, its Robin Williams. His creativity, the stuff he comes up with on the fly, most of all, the speed at which the guy thinks is amazing! Robin Williams, Live on Broadway and his 2-hr special on James Lipton's Inside the Actors Studio are absolute classics!

But my latest favorite comedian is Will Ferrell! He is the guy who is annoyingly funny. The way he uses sarcasm is awesome, and considering I would top most of my friends' most-sarcastic-bastard list, I absolutely dig his comic style. And to me, his top movie was Anchorman, the Legend of Ron Burgundy. Its got all these quotable, easy, gimme lines. The 1st time you watch the movie, you might find it good (yes, its always weird the 1st time :)), but I assure you..no....I *guarantee* you, the 2nd time will be way funnier than the 1st, and it only gets better from there on (God bless HBO for showing it every other day)

Some of my personal favorites from the movie - sex panther ("60% of the time it works everytime"), jogging ("Veronica and I are trying this new fad called jogging, or maybe, its 'yogging' with a soft-j. Apparently, you just run aimlessly for miles, supposed to be wild"), "Am kind of a big deal you know. I have many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.", "I am in a glass cage of emotions", "the only way to bag a classy lady is to give her 2 tickets to the gun show", "Discovered by the Germans, they named it San Diego, which in German means whale's vagina", etc, etc.- IMDB lists the whole bunch here - search for the quote about Octagon on that page..another funny one.

The problem is many women haven't and don't see the movie, the dudes recognize an Anchorman reference, but it'd be cool if the ladies got the 'joke' when we scream, "smelly pirate hooker from whore island"! Classy indeed.. :)