Monday, July 25, 2005

Passion

Was watching this girl play the violin in a small band in a neighborhood bar near my place - eyes closed, in deepest concentration and focus, completely enjoying what she was doing, totally lost in the music she was creating - made me wonder, is there I would do with that much passion (passing the notable exception of, of course..you know...)??

This summer, I have found love-unknown in fast bowling - always been a batter in school who chips in with slow-medium and attempted leg-spinners now and then. But, playing for the East Meadow Cricket Club in Manhattan, inspired by my captain's faith in my fast bowling abilities, have turned into a hostile opening bowler. Have realized that once I hit a rhythm, I thoroughly enjoy running in, and letting it rip! Cricket has got to be about the only thing that I would exhibit anywhere near as much passion for as that girl-playing-the-violin-that-night.

Watch out for the follow-up to this posting - the-girl-who-played-the-violin-and-stole-my-heart-that-night! :)

No comments: