Monday, July 18, 2005

Spread my name..

Last Saturday, I was involved in one more of those days of community service. The company I work for (for those who don't know me, I work in a music recording studio in the East Village, Manhattan; for those who know me, oh well, you know..) fielded a team of volunteers to help organize a dance event under the Brooklyn/Manhattan Bridge - bringing modern dance out in the community. Among more noble things that I could have done with my time in community service, I chose this as a fun opportunity to check out this area called DUMBO (Downpass Under Manhattan Bridge Overpass) and hang out with artsy people in the area. Was a great day out! The organizers & performers had us hand out fliers/brochures in the neighborhood and they were nice enough to include the volunteering team captains' names in the fliers (one of two of the captains was yours truly - probably cost 'em few bucks extra to include ALL of my name in there :) - again, inside joke to those who know me and ALL of my last name - sorry!). Felt good being involved in that event and got some free publicity in the DUMBO area (fliers with my name in it, I mean..) - gives me enough opening lines if I were to ever hang out in the bars in the area again! :)

No comments: