Sunday, January 30, 2005

The only decent movie in a long time, Kinsey

That's coz every other movie I have seen of late have been simply super (Million $ Baby, Hotel Rwanda, Monster, even liked Love Song for Bobby Long). Kinsey was not bad, but I probably was a little disappointed that my run of picking the very best movies had finally come to a stop.

Very good acting my Liam Neeson, but there were parts of the movie, which were disturbing - sure was the effect the movie-maker intended for the audience, but not sure if I was upto it. It would make for an interesting debate though - the purpose and role that scientists and funded scientific studies play in society.

While Alfred Kinsey is credited for starting up what ended up being the sexual revolution of the 60's and there was definitely a need for someone to shake things up and bring some taboo topics out in the open, I am not sure his means justified his targetted end.

I liked the way the movie ended - the sexology professor is asked about "love" and he says he is still working on that problem :)

No comments: