Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Bunch of Bullshit!

Jim Morrison's rant after rendering Light My Fire to a live audience in NY - "I don’t believe in astrology, I think it’s a bunch of bullshit!"

Do I check my horoscope everyday - yes. For me, it’s a daily game I play with my moods, emotions, and state of mind. My horoscope this morning said I could do with some rest, relieve myself of stress, and only thing on my mind today should be where to have dinner - wonderful! This could have been my horoscope today, yesterday, the week before, it would have concurred with what I wanted to do, I would've done as my horoscope said, and yes, my horoscope today came true! On the flip side, if my horoscope had something negative about it, then it’s a fight to try and defy it - sometimes I succeed and hey, "astrology is a bunch of bullshit" anyway; on some other days, my best efforts don’t succeed in leaving me with a good feeling at the end of the day and then I throw my hands up in the air in resignation because my horoscope said it'd be a bad day anyway!

My point is this (get used to it - I beat around the bush a lot before hitting the spot! Its my style! Like..like..Quentin Tarantino's) - when something/someone predicts events in the future, human tendency is to sometimes take that for granted and subconsciously work towards that outcome. Reading my daily horoscope messes with my mind enough, I *do not* want to know things in my long-term future - whether there was any science/logic/magic about someone predicting things for me, I am scared that my mind will unwillingly follow the path leading to that prediction. I will sing along that astrology IS a bunch of bullshit, but don’t even bother telling me and trying that shit on me - I don’t even wanna know..!

No comments: