Thursday, February 24, 2005

Self-acknowledged Wannabe NuYokker

I read today that to really live up the New York experience, you must want to be lucky. Notice, not just be lucky, but *want* to be lucky! Its a dynamic place where its very hard to hold on to your static, rigid beliefs and values, you must be open to change...I am!

I acknowledge that The City has the ability to change me in a bigger way than any other city that I have lived in so far. I consider this a transient phase in my life; I don't see myself living here for too long. I want to make the most of it during my stay here. Am willing to embrace, appreciate, recognize anything and everything that is thrown at me here in NY. Its the place where you can go, "ah, that is good!" without turning over your shoulder to see if your thoughts are resonated/approved by anyone else. You can be whoever you want to be in NuYok and have a good time. In the next year or so, I want The City to mold my identity and make a lasting impression on me for life.

Truly acknowledge - very fortunate to be living in The City, totally smitten by it, and admittedly, a Wannabe NuYokker..

No comments: